Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

I Like Waiting

I love to wait.  Arriving early for a flight seems like a time luxury to me.  Sometimes I plan my wait time – and bank on getting something productive completed like a report for work.  More often, I don’t plan my wait time and I just enjoy the forced downtime.  I don’t feel guilty about being still for a little while because I am doing something; I’m waiting for my plane!  This is time I can wander around and look in shops; grab a snack; watch people; and just breathe. 

I don’t mind waiting in line at the grocery store.  I even don’t mind waiting at the DMV.  Those blissful snapshots of forced downtime are little mini gifts in our days.   I can’t choose to be still for 15 minutes without feeling utterly guilty about whatever it is I should be doing instead.  Heck, I just tried it… I watched my dog lounging on the floor next to a block of sunshine from the window and thought, I should just breathe and sit with him for a moment.  That lasted maybe 30 seconds until I felt the urge to right this latest epiphany down.  

No comments: